- 1 pound of shrimp, deveined (tails removed too if you prefer) (fresh, or cooked & frozen)
- 1 lemon
- 3–4 sprigs of fresh thyme (or 1–2 tsp dried)
- 3–5 cloves of garlic
- salt & pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Zest lemon. Then cut it into thin slices.
- Mince garlic.
- If you are using fresh thyme, remove the stems and just use the leaves.
- In an oven proof dish, add olive oil, lemon zest, garlic, salt & pepper and thyme. Mix. Then put into a preheated 400 degree oven, for 5-8 minutes. Watch very carefully! Bake until everything looks soft, and watch so the garlic doesn’t burn.
- In the mean time, on the stove, cook your rice according to package directions.
- When the oil/garlic/herb mix is done, take the dish out of the oven, and add the shrimp and lemon slices. Mix.
- Continue to bake for about 10 more minutes. Again watch so it doesn’t burn!