This Roasted Garlic & Tomato Pasta recipe is quick, healthy and so flavourful!
- 10 –15 vine ripened tomatoes (the more the better!), cut into 2 inch chunks
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped in half (more if you like)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp dried basil
- pepper, generously ground
- Chop the onions and garlic.
- Chop the tomatoes into 2 inch chunks (see tips).
- Then, in a 8×8 baking dish, toss together all the ingredients.
- Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for at least 1 hour. It is a really high heat, so keep an eye on the sauce, and make sure to stir often. I check it every 10-15 minutes…
- The sauce will be done when all the tomatoes are soft and baked down.
- When the sauce is done baking, I like to mash down the garlic pieces with a fork. That way they are all mixed into the sauce, so you don’t have to eat big chunks of garlic. If you like the chunks, just leave them be.
- Serve over any kind of noodle you like! I like to use whole wheat spaghetti!