These Homemade Chicken Fingers are crispy and tender! Made with simple ingredients from your pantry, you can have these on the table in no time!
- 5 chicken breasts
- 1 cup buttermilk (enough to cover the chicken)
- 2 cups crushed crackers (or bread crumbs, or cornflakes, or panko crumbs)
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- seasoning salt
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Lightly oil a baking sheet.
- Slice the chicken into strips, and marinate in buttermilk for at least 30 minutes, and up to 24 hours (the buttermilk makes the most unbelievably moist chicken ever!)
- In a ziplock bag crush the crackers (or whatever you are using), until fairly fine, then add parmesan. You can use a rolling pin to do this.
- Transfer dry mix to a shallow dish or plate.
- Dredge your chicken in the crunchy mixture until well coated.
- Lay the chicken fingers out on the baking sheet. Season with seasoning salt and pepper.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, turning them halfway through.
Keywords: homemade chicken fingers