These Quinoa Burgers are a delicious meatless burger option! Full of flavour and healthy ingredients, these are a delicious vegetarian burger.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Resting Time: 1 hour
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 burgers 1x
- Category: Burger
- 2 cups cooked Quinoa (cook according to package directions)
- 1 cup cremini mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chickpeas
- 1 small zucchini, grated
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 –2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- tzatziki sauce
- sliced red peppers
- In a food processor, pulse the shredded zucchini and shredded carrots, until crumbly. Transfer to a bowl. Set aside.
- Then pulse the mushrooms in the food processor until they are crumbly. You can transfer them over to the bowl of zucchini and carrots.
- In a fry pan, heat up some oil, then cook onions and garlic until translucent (about 5 minutes).
- Then add the mix of mushrooms, zucchini, and carrots to the fry pan with the onions and garlic. Cook until all the liquid disappears. About 10-15 minutes.
- While the mixture cooks, pulse the chickpeas in the food processor until they are crumbly.
- In a bowl, mix together bread crumbs and egg, then add the chickpea mix. Combine.
- Add mushroom mix to the breadcrumb/chickpea mix. Add salt and pepper. Combine.
- Add the cooked quinoa. Combine.
- Refrigerate mix for about 1 hour.
After the mix is done cooling:
- Shape the quinoa mixture into patties.
- Heat up about 2 – 3 tbsp of oil in a clean frying pan.
- Cook the patties in the frying pan for about 4-5 minutes on each side.
- Serve on buns with tzatziki sauce, and all of your favourite burger trimmings: lettuce, tomato, onions.
- Options: Or wrap up in a whole wheat tortilla with the tzatziki sauce and trimmings.
Keywords: vegetarian burgers, quinoa burgers