The Best Burger Recipe
These are the Best Ever Hamburgers, and are a family favourite! They’re meaty, flavourful and so delicious grilled on the barbecue.
- Author: Jo-Anna Rooney
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Resting Time: 1 hour
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 35 minutes
- Yield: 6 - 8 burgers 1x
- Category: Burger
- Method: Barbecue
- 2 lb of lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup oats (or bread crumbs, or crushed crackers)
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 – 2 tbsp brown sugar (optional)
- salt & pepper
- Combine all of the above ingredients.
- Shape into patties. I usually make mine about 5 inches wide and 3/4 inch thick.
- These are best left to rest in the fridge for at least 1 hour before barbecuing.
- Grill on a medium to high heat grill, until the burger is well done, with no pink inside.
- Serve on a bun with all your favourite trimmings.
Keywords: hamburger recipe, best hamburgers, best burger recipe