BBQ Chicken is a perfect summer meal idea! With a few simple ingredients you can have the most tender and delicious roasted chicken!
- 1 – 3 to 4 lb whole chicken
- 1 – 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste (I like to use Lawry’s Seasoning Salt!)
- 1 can of beer (I like to use darker beer as I think it has more flavour)
- a couple of sprigs of fresh rosemary (you can use dried too)
- 2 – 5 cloves of garlic (chopped)
- Have your BBQ preheated to medium heat.
- Lightly brush your chicken with olive oil. Season with salt & pepper.
- Empty half of your can of beer into a cup, and set aside (Do not drink it! You still need it!)
- In the can, add your rosemary and garlic.
- Place the can in the centre of the roaster (as in the picture above).
- Then, place your chicken on to the roaster.
- Take the remaining beer, and pour it into the pan of the roaster.
- BBQ on medium heat, with the lid closed until the juices run clear, and the internal temperature is 160-165 degrees (about 20 minutes/lb). My chickens have take a little over an hour. Just watch carefully, and take the temperature occasionally.
- Also, if the wings start to blacken, just tent/cover the chicken with some tin foil.