Warm Potato Salad
This Warm Potato Salad is SO delicious. Made with roasted baby potatoes, and tossed with homemade bacon bits and a creamy dressing. Served warm and just so tasty.
- Author: Jo-Anna Rooney
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- Category: Salad
- 1 1/2 – 2 lbs potatoes (baby potatoes, cut in half)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp butter (or bacon grease)
- 1 large chopped onion
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream or Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp Tabasco sauce (or hot sauce)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped dill pickles (pickles cut into quarters)
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 4 – 6 pieces of cooked and crumbled bacon
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Toss the potatoes in the olive oil and place them on a baking sheet. Bake for about 25 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender and golden in colour.
- In the mean time, in a frying pan cook the chopped onion in 2 tsp butter (you can even use a little bacon grease instead), until soft and golden. Set aside.
- Combine the ingredients for the dressing: mayonnaise, sour cream, mustard, Tabasco, salt and pepper.
- When the potatoes are done cooking and still warm, add them to a large bowl, then stir in the onions, pickles, green onions, bacon and dressing.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Keywords: potato salad, warm potato salad