- 2 cups mashed cooked butternut squash (see Notes)
- 1/2 cup spreadable cream cheese
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs (divided (see Notes))
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 egg
- dash ginger
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixer combine the butternut squash, cream cheese, brown sugar, egg, ginger, salt & pepper and 1/2 cup of the bread crumbs. Mix well.
- Add to a 1 L baking dish.
- In a small bowl mix together the melted butter and remaining 1/2 cup of bread crumbs.
- Sprinkle the bread crumb mixture onto the squash mixture.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until golden brown.