These Whipped Shortbread Cookies are so buttery, light and fluffy! A classic holiday cookie.
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 vanilla bean (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Adding the vanilla bean is optional. If you are adding it, slide a knife along the outside of the vanilla bean to reveal the centre, then gently scrape out the centre of the bean. Set aside.
- Using a mixer, cream together the butter, icing sugar and vanilla bean, until fluffy.
- Add flour, then beat for 10 minutes.
- At this point you will have to scrape your bowl often to make sure all the ingredients are being whipped.
- When the batter is ready, it should be white and fluffy.
- Drop by the tablespoonful onto a parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes, careful not to let them brown.
Keywords: shortbread, whipped shortbread