This Traditional Herb Turkey Roast is a great dinner option for the holiday season (or any time of year!). This tender and juicy turkey can be ready to enjoy in less than 3 hours! Giving you more time to spend with family.
- 1 – 3.3 pound turkey breast roast, not frozen
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp poultry seasoning
- ground pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- fresh herbs: 2-3 sprigs each of rosemary, sage and thyme
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees.
- Place the turkey roast on a rack inside a shallow roasting pan. Do not remove the netting.
- Sprinkle the poultry seasoning over the top of the roast.
- Generously season with ground pepper.
- Drizzle the top with the oil.
- Put about a 1/2 cup of water into the bottom of the roasting pan.
- I also like to add fresh herbs to the bottom of the pan, they add beautiful flavour to the gravy.
- Place the roast in the oven and roast for 2 1/2 hours, until the internal temperature is 165 degrees. Recipe Tip! You can baste the turkey a few times with the pan juices while it’s roasting…it’s not necessary but I do think it makes for a more juicy and flavourful turkey roast.
- After the roast is cooked through, remove it from the oven and drizzle the melted butter over the top and let it rest for about 10 minutes before cutting.
- Remove the netting then slice and serve!
Keywords: turkey breast roast, turkey roast, turkey roll