- 1 onion (chopped)
- 2 carrots (chopped)
- 1 clove of garlic (minced)
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 leaves bay
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 salt
- 1/4 pepper
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 1 small/medium zucchini (chopped into bite sized chunks)
- 4 medium tomatoes (cut into chunks)
- 2 cups fresh cheese tortellini (uncooked)
- parmesan cheese for garnish
- Large saucepan saute the onions, carrots and garlic in 1 tbsp of oil.
- Add the oregano, basil, bay leaves, salt and pepper. Cook for about 1 minute.
- Stir in the broth and bring to a light boil.
- Then add the zucchini, tomatoes and tortellini, and bring to a light boil again.
- Then reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes, or until tortellini are tender.
Offer parmesan cheese to be sprinkled on the soup just before serving. Delicious!