- 1/2 lb uncooked elbow macaroni noodles
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 flour
- 1/2 – 1 tsp dry mustard powder
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup cream
- 4 oz cream cheese (1/2 block)
- 1/4 cup goat cheese
- 4 cups shredded old cheddar cheese (more if you wish!)
- salt & pepper to taste
- While you are making the cheese sauce, you can prepare the noodles. Just follow the instructions on the noodle package.
- In a heavy saucepan over low/medium heat, melt the butter, then whisk in the flour and dry mustard powder and cook for about 3 minutes, whisking the entire time.
- Slowly whisk in the milk and cream, until the butter/flour mixture has blended in well.
- Whisk until the milk mixture thickens.
- Once the mixture has thickened, stir in the cream cheese and goat cheese until melted.
- Then stir in the shredded cheddar cheese until it is mixed thoroughly.
- Salt & pepper to taste.
- Toss the cooked noodles with the cheese sauce.
- Serve with a green salad and enjoy!
- Category: Pasta