Chocolate Cupcakes Peanut Butter Cream Frosting
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup butter (at room temperature)
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup sour cream
The Peanut Butter Frosting:
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 2 – 4 tbsp cream
- Cups Reese’s Peanut Butter for garnish
- Sift together cocoa powder, flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Into the butter/sugar mix, beat in the eggs, one at a time. Then beat in the vanilla.
- Add half of the flour mix to the butter/egg mix, and half of the sour cream. Mix. Then add the remaining flour and sour cream. Mix well.
- Fill muffin cups about 3/4 full with the batter.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for about 20 minutes.
- When the cupcakes are done baking, let them cool completely before filling with the peanut butter cream frosting. At least 1 hour.
- Beat butter and peanut butter together until fluffy.
- Slowly add the icing sugar, and 2 tbsp of milk. Beat until fluffy and there are no lumps.
- If the icing seems too thick, add more milk. You want it just thick enough to be able to pipe.
Putting the cupcakes together:
- Using a little knife, core out a little circle of cake from the middle of the cupcake. Make it as big or little as you would like. If you love a lot of peanut butter yumminess, like we do, make the hole as above (about inch deep and wide).
- Fill in all of the holes with the frosting first. Then use the remaining frosting to icing the cupcakes.
- Add chopped up Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups on top of the icing.