If you’re looking for a simple, delicious and hearty salad or side dish, this Tex Mex Couscous Salad is a great option! Made with fresh vegetables and couscous that are tossed in a flavourful Tex Mex dressing.
- 1 cup dry couscous
- 1 1/4 cup chicken broth (or vegetable broth)
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 – 341 mL can corn
- 1 – 398 mL can black beans
- 1 – 398 mL can chickpeas
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes (we used cherry tomatoes)
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tbsp chopped jalapeno pepper (more if you wish)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a small saucepan, bring the couscous and broth to a low boil. Remove from heat, cover and let sit for 5 minutes.
- After the couscous has sat, fluff with a fork. Cover and set aside.
- Now make the dressing. Combine all of the dressing ingredients and mix well. Set aside.
- In a large salad bowl combine the corn, black beans, chickpeas, onions, peppers, tomatoes, cilantro, and jalapeno.
- Stir in the dressing.
- Add the cooked couscous and mix.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Cover, and let the salad rest for at least 30 minutes in the fridge before serving.
- Category: Salad
Keywords: couscous, couscous salad