These Sweet and Sour Meatballs with Pineapple are a quick and easy dinner recipe! Delicious with rice.
- 1 batch of meatballs (you can find my recipe here)
- 1 14 oz can crushed pineapple (in unsweetened juice)
- 3 tbsp Hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- Cook your meatballs by your preferred method. I like to bake mine in the oven on a baking sheet, at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes. (I find it’s less messy, and so easy.)
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan over low-medium heat, combine the pineapple, Hoisin sauce and brown sugar. Simmer for about 5 minutes, until the sauce thickens.
- Once the meatballs are cooked thoroughly, remove them from the baking sheet and transfer them to a large skillet/fry pan.
- Add the pineapple sauce to the skillet, and over medium heat, simmer the meatballs and sauce for about 5-10 minutes.
- Serve over brown rice, and with a green vegetable!