This Sprouted Bean Salad is a hearty and delicious dish. This salad is perfect served as a side dish, but is hearty enough it could stand alone as a meal.
- 1 cup sprouted beans or lentils
- 4 cups water
- 2/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 3 green onions (chopped)
- 2/3 cup chopped purple cabbage
- 2/3 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup cucumbers in chunks
- 1/2 cup red or yellow peppers
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp cumin (more if you like it…I used 1 tsp)
- salt & pepper to taste
- Cook the sprouted beans/lentils in the 4 cups of water. Simmer for about 15-20 minutes or until the beans are soft.
- When the beans are cooked, drain and rinse with cold water.
- To the drained beans add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
Keywords: bean salad, lentil salad, sprouted bean salad