This Maple Vinaigrette is sweet, tangy and so delicious! Drizzle over your favourite green salad. This salad is especially good with chunks of fresh mango and feta cheese!
Maple Vinaigrette: (a recipe from my Mom)
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp maple syrup (the real stuff!)
- 1 tbsp water (add more if you feel it needs it)
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1 tsp salt
- Romaine lettuce (or Green Leaf or Butter Lettuce torn into bite-sized pieces)
- 1 or 2 mangoes (cut up into bite-sized chunks)
- Feta cheese (crumbled)
- 1/4 – 1/2 red onion (sliced thin)
- 1 cup pecans
- Blend together the vinegar, oil, sugar, syrup, water, mustard and salt.
- Toss with lettuce, mango, onion, cheese and pecans.
Save the dressing in your fridge for up to 2 weeks.
- Category: Salad
Keywords: maple vinaigrette