- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh rhubarb
- cinnamon sugar topping
- Combine the oats and buttermilk, and let sit for about 5 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, soda, baking powder and cinnamon.
- In another bowl combine the oil, egg and brown sugar. Then add this to the oat mix.
- Combine the oat mix with the flour mix.
- Stir in the chopped strawberries and rhubarb
- Line a muffin tin with paper liners.
- Scoop the batter evenly between 12 muffin cups for 12 large muffins, or you if you want smaller muffins, spread the batter between 16 muffin cups.
- Sprinkle the tops of the muffins with a cinnamon sugar mix.
- Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for 15-20 minutes.