Fresh strawberry and rhubarb mixed into a cinnamon swirl cake base, make up this delicious Strawberry Rhubarb Loaf!
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup butter milk
- 1 1/2 cups combined of chopped strawberries and rhubarb
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup sugar
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare a 1 lb loaf pan (~ 9 x 5 x 3): either grease it, or line with wax or parchment paper.
- Combine the 2 tbsp cinnamon and 1/3 cup sugar, and set aside.
- In a mixer, cream the butter and sugar until smooth.
- Add the eggs and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In measuring cup mix together the buttermilk and vanilla.
- Add the flour mix, alternating with the buttermilk, to the butter mix. Combine.
- Stir in the chopped strawberries and rhubarb.
- Add 1/2 of the batter to the loaf pan, then sprinkle on 1/2 of the cinnamon/sugar mix. Then using a fork, stir it a little into the batter.
- Add the rest of the batter and sprinkle on the rest of the cinnamon/sugar mix. Stir again, just a little.
- Bake for ~ 60 – 75 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
This recipe is also really good with just all rhubarb (and no strawberries).