- 1/2 cup of coconut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup of coconut oil
- 1/2 cup of honey
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup pureed fresh strawberries
Strawberry Buttercream Icing
- 2 tbsp fresh strawberry puree
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 3/4 cups icing sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
Making the Strawberry Cupcakes:
- Combine the coconut flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a mixer combine the eggs, coconut oil, honey and vanilla. Mix well.
- Add the flour mix to the egg mixture and blend well.
- Stir in the strawberry puree.
- Fill your cupcake liners about 3/4 full of batter.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a cupcake comes out clean.
- Cool completely before frosting.
Making the Strawberry Buttercream Icing:
- Puree about 4 strawberries, then measure out 2 tbsp. Set aside.
- Sift icing sugar.
- In a mixer, beat butter until soft and fluffy.
- Add sifted icing sugar, and mix until well combined.
- Add vanilla and strawberry puree.
- Then ice your cupcakes after they have cooled, and garnish with a little slice of fresh strawberry.