This Strawberry Buttermilk Dutch Baby (Puff Pancake) is a simple and delicious brunch recipe! Serve with whipped cream and syrup! Use a 12 inch diameter pan for this recipe as the batch makes a very large pancake. If you have a smaller pan, feel free to cut the recipe in half.
- 6 eggs
- 1 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1 tsp fresh lemon zest
- 2/3 cup sugar
- dash salt
- 1 1/3 cup flour
- 1 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 6 tbsp butter
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Whisk together the eggs, buttermilk, lemon zest, sugar, salt, and flour until smooth. We actually use a hand blender to make the batter really smooth.
- Add the strawberries. Don’t stir them in at this point, just add them to the batter. Set aside.
- In a large skillet (12 x 9), melt the 6 tbsp of butter over medium heat until it is bubbly, and tilt the pan until the butter coats the bottom and sides of the pan.
- Pour the pancake batter into the skillet and let it cook for about 1 minute, without stirring!
- Then place the skillet into the oven and bake for about 20 – 25 minutes.
- The pancake is done when it is golden brown and puffed up.
- Once the pancake is done serve immediately (while it’s puffed up), because it will shrink quickly!
- Serve with syrup and whipped cream.
Keywords: Dutch baby, puff pancake