These Strawberry and White Chocolate Scones are an easy and delicious treat. Perfect for sharing over a cup of tea!
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup of cold butter, cut into small chunks
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup coarsely cut strawberries
- 1 tbsp flour
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- In a bowl whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Using a pastry cutter, cut the cold butter into the flour mixture until the butter is pea sized.
- Stir in the cream until the dough is moistened, but be careful not to over mix it or the biscuits will be tough.
- Stir in the white chocolate chips.
- In a small bowl, toss the cut strawberries in the 1 tbsp of flour, then gently mix the strawberries into the scone dough using your hands. Don’t over mix or the berries will colour the batter.
- Lay a sheet of wax or parchment paper onto your counter.
- Press the dough into a ball and transfer it on to the paper and press it down into a rectangular disk. Then using a rolling pin, roll and flatten the dough to a 1/2 inch thickness.
- Using knife cut the dough into triangles.
- Place the biscuits onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet, and bake for ~10-15 minutes. The scones are done when the bottom edges are slightly brown.
- When they are done baking, transfer the scones to a cooling rack.