This Chocolate Stout Cake is a rich and delicious chocolate cake! The stout makes it perfect for St. Patrick’s Day!
- 1 cup Guinness (or any other stout)
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 3/4 cups unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups sugar
- 2/3 cups sour cream
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare a 9-inch spring-form pan by buttering the inside edges, and lining the bottom with parchment paper.
- Pour the stout into a large saucepan over medium heat. Then add the butter and heat until melted.
- Remove from heat.
- In a separate bowl, combine the cocoa and sugar, then whisk this mixture into the beer and butter.
- In another bowl, combine the sour cream, eggs and vanilla and beat until smooth. Then whisk this mixture into the beer/chocolate mixture until fully combined.
- In another bowl (you can use the same bowl that you used for the cocoa/sugar mix, that way you get the remnants of the cocoa left there), combine the flour and baking soda.
- Add the flour mix to the chocolate mixture, and combine.
- Pour the batter into the cake pan and bake for 50 – 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Put the pan on a rack and let it cool completely before removing the cake from the pan.
- Garnish with fresh berries, whipped cream, powdered sugar.
- Category: Cake