Sticky Toffee Puddings
These Sticky Toffee Puddings are a deliciously rich dessert! Moist little cakes drizzled with toffee sauce and topped with whipped cream. Perfect for the holidays.
- Author: Jo-Anna Rooney
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup raisins (you can use cranberries or both)
- 3/4 cup butter
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- You can use ramekins or muffin tins to bake these. If you are using ramekins you will need to butter 8, 1/2 cup ramekins. If you use a muffin tin, butter the cups, then fill all 12.
Make the puddings:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Boil 1 cup water, then add the vanilla and baking soda. Add raisins. Set aside to cool.
- With a mixer cream the butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Gradually add the lightly beaten eggs to the butter mixture.
- In a separate bowl sift the flour and baking powder together, then gently fold it into the batter.
- Then fold in raisin mix.
- Add the batter to the baking dish you chose, and bake for 25 minutes.
- Let cool for about 10 minutes before serving.
Make the toffee sauce:
- While the little cakes are baking you can make the toffee sauce.
- Combine the brown sugar, butter and whipping cream in a saucepan, and stir over low heat until the sugar is dissolved. Simmer gently until sauce thickens, about 5 – 8 minutes.
Making the Whipping Cream:
- Whip the whipping cream, vanilla and sugar together.
Putting it all together:
- Remove the cakes from the pan, drizzle with toffee sauce and top with whipped cream.
Keywords: sticky toffee puddings