This Sticky Date Pudding Bundt Cake with homemade Toffee Sauce is a perfect holiday dessert! The cake is tender, rich and so flavourful, and tastes amazing with the homemade toffee sauce and a dollop of whipping cream.
Sticky Date Pudding Bundt Cake
- 1 1/3 cups chopped pitted dates
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
Sticky Date Pudding Bundt Cake:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare a 12-cup Bundt pan by greasing the pan with butter then dusting with flour, or use a flour spray. Set aside.
- In a saucepan mix together the chopped dates, water and baking soda. Then over low-medium heat, bring the mixture to a boil. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time.
- Mix in the vanilla.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the flour and baking powder.
- Add the flour mixture and the cooked dates to the butter mixture, to do this alternate between the flour and dates. Mix well.
- Pour the cake batter into the prepared Bundt pan.
- Bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.
- Let cool slightly…this cake is amazing served warm!
- While the cake is baking, make the caramel sauce.
- Combine the brown sugar, butter and whipping cream in a saucepan, and stir over low heat until the sugar is dissolved. Simmer until sauce thickens.
Putting it all together:
- Serve slices of the Sticky Date Pudding Bundt cake with warm toffee sauce.
Keywords: bundt cake, date Bundt Cake, sticky toffee pudding, toffee sauce