- 1 squash or sugar pumpkin
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut the squash or sugar pumpkin in half, then scrape out the seeds and stringy bits.
- Place each half into a baking dish, cut side up (like in the pictures), then add some water to the bottom of the pan.
- Add 1 tbsp butter and 1 tbsp brown sugar into the centre of each half of squash.
- Cover each squash side in tin foil.
- Bake for 1-2 hours. Some take longer than others, depending on the density of the squash. Just check them at the 1 hour mark, to see if the flesh is soft and scrape-able and looks nice and roasted.
- After roasting, scrape the roasted squash from the skin, then puree it with the butter and sugar.
- Now enjoy as a side dish or use the cooled puree in your baking.
Keywords: homemade pumpkin puree, roasted pumpkin, roasted squash