Spinach and Goat Cheese Quesadillas with Caramelized Onions and Sun Dried Tomatoes
These Spinach and Goat Cheese Quesadillas with Caramelized Onions and Sun Dried Tomatoes are absolutely delicious. They’re simple to make and perfect for lunch!
- Author: Jo-Anna Rooney
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: Lunch
- Method: Stovetop
- 12 small flour or gluten free tortillas
- 2 large onions
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1/4 cup fresh basil (chopped)
- 6 – 8 tbsp goat cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheese (can use Monterey Jack (white cheddar or Havarti))
- 6 tbsp chopped sun dried tomatoes (drained)
- handful of fresh spinach leaves
- In a pan, melt the butter with the olive oil.
- Add the onions, garlic, and basil and season with salt & pepper, and cook over low heat until the onions are a caramel colour. About 15-20 minutes.
- Heat a griddle over medium to hight heat. (I like to use a pancake grill)
- Brush the grill with olive oil.
- Add the tortillas to the grill and toast the inside of the tortillas for about 30 seconds, then take the tortillas off the grill to assemble your quesadillas.
Assembling the quesadillas:
- On 6 of the tortillas, sprinkle about 1 tablespoon of shredded cheese, 1 – 2 tbsp goat cheese, followed by 1 tbsp chopped sun dried tomatoes, heaping 1 – 2 tbsp caramelized onion mixture, and 3-4 fresh spinach leaves, then finish off with another tbsp of shredded cheese.
Cooking the quesadillas:
- Add the quesadillas to the grill and cook for about 1 – 2 minutes on each side, or until the tortillas are gently golden brown and the cheese is melted.
Keywords: cheese quesadillas, goat cheese quesadillas, easy cheese quesadillas