30 Minute Homemade Tomato Sauce
This Homemade Tomato Sauce is delicious and healthy! Made with canned tomatoes, so it’s ready in less than 30 minutes.
- Author: Jo-Anna Rooney
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: Sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 4 – 6 cloves of garlic, peeled but left whole
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole tomatoes
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- Saute the onion and garlic in the 1 tbsp of olive oil, until they just start to turn brown.
- Add the tomatoes, butter, bay leaf, oregano, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Simmer for about 15-20 minutes.
- Remove bay leaf! Do not forget to do this or you will have hard bits in your sauce!
- Put the sauce into a blender and puree, or you can use a hand blender.
Keywords: spaghetti sauce, pasta sauce, homemade tomato sauce