This Homemade Tomato Sauce is delicious with pasta! Tasty, healthy and ready in less than 30 minutes!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion (minced)
- 4 – 6 cloves of garlic (peeled (but left whole))
- 1 – 28 oz can whole tomatoes
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- salt (pepper)
- Saute the onion and garlic in the 1 tbsp of olive oil, until they just start to turn brown.
- Add the tomatoes, bay leaf, oregano, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Simmer for about 15-20 minutes.
- Remove bay leaf! Do not forget to do this or you will have hard bits in your sauce!
- Put the sauce into a blender and puree, or you can use a hand blender.