These Soft and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies are crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside. Buttery, chocolatey and delicious.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp hot water (hot tap water is fine)
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a mixer cream together the butter and sugars until smooth.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time.
- Then mix in the vanilla.
- In a small bowl dissolve the baking soda in the hot water, then add it to the butter/sugar mix, and combine.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the salt and flour.
- Then add the flour mix to the butter mix.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Drop the cookie batter by large spoonfuls onto your cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 – 12 minutes. The edges of the cookies should be light brown. And the longer you bake them, the less chewy they will be.
- Category: Cookie
- Method: Baking
Keywords: chocolate chip cookies