These Snickerdoodles are soft, chewy and cinnamon-y. A delicious and easy cookie for any time of year! Makes a big batch so you can freeze half to enjoy later!
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- dash salt
- 1 cup butter (at room temperature)
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
Cinnamon Sugar Mix:
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together the cinnamon and sugar. Set aside.
- Sift together the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a mixer, cream together the butter and sugar.
- Then add the eggs and mix well.
- Add the flour mixture to the sugar mixture, and combine.
- Roll the dough into 1 inch balls, and roll them in the cinnamon/sugar mixture (see above picture).
- Place the balls onto a parchment paper lined cookie sheet, about 1 1/2 inches apart.
- Using the bottom of a cup, lightly flatten the balls of dough (see above picture).
- Bake for 9-11 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool slightly before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Keywords: cookies, Snickerdoodle cookies recipe, Snickerdoodles