These Simple Scalloped Potatoes are creamy, rich and perfectly cheesy. A classic and delicious recipe perfect for any dinner occasion.
- 8 medium potatoes
- 1 small onion
- 6 tbsp flour (divided into 2)
- 6 tbsp melted butter (divided into 2)
- 1 cup grated white cheese (Monterey Jack, cheddar or mozzarella)
- salt and pepper
- 3 cups whole milk
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees.
- Prepare a 9×13 baking dish by greasing the inside with butter.
- Peel and thinly slice your potatoes.
- Spread 1/2 of the sliced potatoes in the baking dish.
- Layer on 1/2 of the sliced onion.
- Sprinkle on 3 tbsp flour.
- Drizzle on 3 tbsp melted butter.
- Sprinkle on 1/2 cup shredded cheese.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients: potatoes-onions-flour-butter-cheese.
- In a saucepan warm up the milk. Do not boil it, you just want it warmed.
- Pour the warmed milk over the potatoes
- Cover the dish with a piece of tin foil, lightly buttered on one side.
- Bake covered for 1 hour.
- Then after this time, remove the tin foil and continue to bake for 30 minutes more, until the top is golden brown and bubbling and the potatoes are tender.
- Let the dish stand for about 10 minutes before serving.
- Category: Side Dish