This is a quick and delicious meal! Made with perfectly seasoned chicken, flavourful fresh bruschetta and loads of mozzarella cheese. Ready in less than 1 hour!
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- olive oil
- fresh ground pepper
- dried oregano
- dried basil
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes (I cut cherry tomatoes in half)
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 tbsp red onion, chopped finely
- 1–2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp chopped basil
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- salt & fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
Making the Bruschetta:
- In a bowl combine the chopped tomatoes, onion, garlic, chopped basil, olive oil, balsamic vinegar and salt & pepper.
- Set aside.
Preparing the Chicken:
- Lay the chicken breasts out on a baking sheet (sheet pan).
- Brush them with olive oil.
- Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Season lightly with the dried oregano and basil, a couple of pinches for each chicken breast should do.
- Bake the chicken for 20 minutes.
- After this time, add about 2 tbsp of the bruschetta, and 1/4 cup of the shredded cheese to the top of each chicken breast.
- Bake for about 5 minutes more, or until the chicken is no longer pink and is fully cooked.
Putting it all together:
- Serve with the remaining fresh bruschetta and extra fresh basil!
Keywords: bruschetta chicken, sheet pan chicken