Serve this creamy and delicious Roasted Tomato & Pumpkin Soup with a dollop of sour cream, a loaf of warm crusty bread. Cozy dinner heaven!
- 1 onion, chopped
- 6 cloves of garlic, minced (you can use less if you like)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 lb tomatoes, cut into quarters
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/2 – 1 tsp oregano
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- splash white wine
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 2 1/2 cups pure pumpkin puree
- sour cream for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the tomatoes into quarters, toss with olive oil and a bit of salt & pepper.
- Transfer the tomatoes to the baking sheet, spreading them evenly over the sheet and bake for 20 – 30 minutes.
- In the meant time, in a large soup pot, cook the onions and garlic in the 2 tbsp of butter, until soft.
- When the tomatoes are done roasting, stir in the tomatoes and spices and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the pumpkin puree, broth, milk, wine and brown sugar.
- Simmer for about 10 – 15 minutes.
- Using a hand blender puree the soup, then simmer for a few more minutes.
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream and enjoy!