These Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies are a classic! Nut free, easy to make and perfect for snacks and lunch boxes.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together the butter and sugars.
- Add the egg and mix.
- Add vanilla and mix.
- In a separate bowl combine the oats, flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
- Then combine the butter mix and the flour mix.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, until the edges are lightly golden brown.
- You can make variations of this recipe:
- use 1/3 cup chocolate chips and 1/3 cup raisins, and/or add 1/4 cup coconut