Making the Fresh Strawberry Syrup:
- Make the syrup first.
- Clean and hull the strawberries, then slice and add to a saucepan with the sugar.
- Cook on low – medium heat until the mixture is syrup-like, and the strawberries are cooked.
- At this point you can leave the syrup chunky, or puree it. I like to leave the strawberries chunky.
- Set aside. You might need to warm it up a bit before serving.
Making the Whipped Cream:
- Using a stand mixer, whip the whipping cream and sugar together until stiff. Set aside.
Making the Croissant French Toast:
- Whisk together the milk, eggs and vanilla. I like to use a hand blender to do this.
- Cut the croissants into halves horizontally. Then dip them into the egg mixture, coating well.
- Cook the croissants on a large non-stick skillet or frying pan until golden brown, making sure to flip half way through, about 2 minutes on each side.
- Serve with the strawberry syrup and whipped cream and enjoy right away!