- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
Preparing the raspberry filling:
- In a bowl gently toss together the fresh raspberries with the sugar and cornstarch. Set aside.
Putting it all together:
- Line a baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper (I actually use the parchment paper that comes rolled with the puff pastry).
- Roll the puff pastry out to form a loose circle shape. It doesn’t have to be perfect, this is a rustic pie remember!
- Place the raspberry filling in the centre of the pastry sheet.
- Fold the edges of the pastry over to cover the outer edge of the berry pile. Overlap as needed.
- Brush the pastry with milk, then generously sprinkle on the sugar.
- Place the galette into the oven and bake for 40 minutes, or until the pastry is golden brown.
- When the galette is done baking, remove it from the oven and let it sit for about 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve slightly warm with ice cream or whipped cream!