- Author: Jo-Anna Rooney
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tsp corn starch
Puff Pastry Crust:
- 1 inches sheet frozen puff pastry (thawed (12x12 ))
- 1 tbsp milk
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
Preparing the raspberry filling:
- In a bowl toss together the fresh raspberries with the sugar and cornstarch. Set aside.
Putting it all together:
- Line a cookie sheet with a piece of parchment paper (I actually use the parchment paper that comes rolled with the puff pastry).
- Roll out the puff pastry to form a loose circle shape. It doesn’t have to be perfect, this is a rustic pie remember!
- Place the raspberry filling in the centre of the pastry sheet.
- Fold the edges of the pastry over to cover the outer edge of the berry pile. Overlap as needed.
- Brush the pastry with milk, then generously sprinkle on the sugar.
- Place the galette into the oven and bake for 40 minutes, or until the pastry is golden brown.
- When the galette is done baking, remove it from the oven and let it sit for about 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve slightly warm with ice cream or whipping cream!