These Raspberry Buttermilk Muffins are so delicious! A sweet and soft vanilla muffin base loaded with tasty tart raspberries.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/2 – 2 cups raspberries (fresh or frozen, see notes)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Make sure the baking rack you are going to use is in the centre of the oven.
- Using a mixer cream together the butter and sugar.
- Add in the eggs one at a time, then add the vanilla. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add the flour mix to the butter mix, alternating with the buttermilk.
- Gently stir in the raspberries so the batter doesn’t become pink. Tip! I prefer to use frozen raspberries because they don’t colour the batter as easily.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the centre of the muffin comes clean.
Tip! I prefer to use frozen raspberries because they don’t colour the batter as easily.