This Rainbow Pasta Salad is a perfect summer picnic or BBQ recipe! Made with a tangy, garlicky dressing, spicy Habanero with Cracked Black Pepper Monterey Jack Cheese and oodles of noodles and fresh vegetables.
- 1 – 8 oz package of elbow noodles
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp parsley flakes
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp ground pepper
- 1/3 red pepper, minced
- 1/3 orange pepper, minced
- 1/3 yellow pepper, minced
- 2 tbsp minced red onion
- 2 tbsp chopped green onion
- 1 can pitted whole black olives
- 1 cup cubed Bothwell Habanero with Cracked Black Pepper Monterey Jack Cheese
- Boil the noodles according to the package directions. When the noodles are cooked, drain, then rinse with cold water, making sure to drain well again. Set aside.
- Combine the oil, vinegar, basil, oregano, parsley, garlic, green onion, parmesan cheese, and salt & pepper.
- Toss the noodles in the dressing.
- Then toss in the minced peppers, red and green onion, and black olives.
- Chill for at least 4 hours. You can also make this salad a day ahead.
- Make sure to stir the salad well before serving it, as the dressing tends to go to the bottom of the bowl.
- Right before serving, toss in the cubes of cheese.
For best flavour results, this salad should be chilled for at least 4 hours (overnight works well too).