This Pumpkin Spice Bread is a classic fall recipe! It’s sweet, spicy and so tender.
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 6 tbsp butter or margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup raisins (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and spices.
- In a measuring cup stir together the milk and vanilla. Set aside.
- In a mixer cream the butter. Then add sugars and mix until creamy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, to the butter/sugar mix.
- Then add the pumpkin puree to the egg/butter/sugar mix. Combine.
- Add the flour mix to the pumpkin mix in 3 parts, alternating with the milk mix in 2 parts.
- Fold in the raisins.
- Bake for about 1 1/4 hours. (when it’s done, a toothpick inserted into the centre should come out clean)
Keywords: recipe, pumpkin recipe, pumpkin bread, pumpkin loaf