This Pumpkin Bread Pudding melts in your mouth and tastes just like pumpkin pie! Serve warm with ice cream.
- 8 cups of cubed bread (I used my Braided Pumpkin Bread. See notes for other options)
- 2 cups of pure pumpkin puree
- 2 cups of cream (half & half)
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl mix together the pumpkin, cream, brown sugar, eggs, vanilla, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and salt until smooth.
- Add the bread cubes and stir until the bread is moistened.
- Let the mixture sit for about 10 -15 minutes, or until the pumpkin mixture has been absorbed by the bread.
- Transfer the mixture over to a baking dish (I used a 9 inch deep circle baking dish), and bake for 45 – 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Let the bread pudding cool for about a half hour, sprinkle on some confectioners sugar, then serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
Bread options: you can also use challah or brioche.