This Pork Loin Roast with Vegetables is a delicious and healthy dinner. Assemble in just a few minutes then you’ll have a tender and flavourful roast in a couple of hours time.
- 1 – 2.5 to 3 lb pork loin roast
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp seasoning salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 4 – 5 carrots (cut into chunks)
- 2 apples (cored and cut into chunks (I also tossed in a chopped fresh peach because I had it))
- 1 large onion (cut into chunks)
- 1/3 cup salted butter (melted)
- 3 tbsp sprigs fresh rosemary (minced)
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees.
- In a skillet on the stove, heat up the tablespoon of olive oil until it’s hot.
- Add the pork loin to the skillet (be careful as it will spit), then season it with the seasoning salt and fresh ground pepper.
- Sear all sides of the pork loin. You do not want to cook the pork, just sear it so the juices are sealed in.
- Once the pork is seared, transfer it to a 9×13 baking dish, placing it in the centre of the dish.
- Around the pork, add the carrots, apples, onions and rosemary.
- Then pour the melted butter over the vegetables.
- Place the dish in the oven and bake. Roast until the internal temperature of the meat reaches 150-155 degrees. Depending on your oven, this can be about 11/2 to 2 hours.
- Once the optimal internal temperature is reached, remove the roast from your oven and let it rest for about 10 minutes. The internal temperature will continue to rise about 5 degrees once outside of the oven.
- Slice and serve with your roasted apples and vegetables.
Keywords: pork loin recipe, roasted pork loin