This Plum Loaf Recipe makes a delicious and tender loaf. Made with fresh plums this bread is sweet, spicy and so scrumptious!
- 2 cups chopped plums
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp allspice
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare 2 loaf pans by lining them with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a bowl mix together the chopped plums and 2 tbsp of flour. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl cream together the butter, white sugar, vanilla and egg, until smooth and fluffy.
- In a different bowl mix together the sour cream and brown sugar.
- Then add the sour cream mix to the egg mixture, and mix well.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice and baking soda.
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and mix.
- Fold in the chopped plums and mix together until combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pans.
- If you like, add some slices of fresh plums to the top of your loaves (refer to pictures).
- Bake at 350 for 45-50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Category: Loaf
- Method: Baking
Keywords: plum loaf, plum bread