This simple and delicious Pesto Pasta Salad tastes like summer! Made with fresh sun-ripened tomatoes and basil, parmesan cheese and oodles of noodles. So good.
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 lb dried pasta (rotini, bows or shells are great)
- 1 – 1 1/2 cups grape tomatoes
- 3/4 cup cubed fresh mozzarella cheese
- Using a food processor, blend together the basil, pine nuts, garlic and Parmesan cheese, until it is a rough paste.
- While the processor is running slowly pour in the olive oil, until combined.
- If the pesto is too dry, just add more olive oil.
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Once it’s cooked, rinse well with cold water. Drain well.
- Toss the cooled cooked pasta with the pesto.
- Stir in the tomatoes and fresh mozzarella.
- Season with salt and fresh ground pepper.
- Category: Salad
Keywords: pesto pasta salad