The Perfect Pot Roast. Simple to make, tender and so delicious!
- 1 – 4 lb beef pot roast (I like to use inside rounds – they are inexpensive and tasty after long roasting)
- 2 carrots
- 1 celery
- 1 large onion
- 4 cloves garlic (cut into chunks)
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp coarse salt
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 1 L beef broth
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees.
- In a roasting pan, lay your roast in the centre of the pan.
- Rub on oregano, salt & pepper.
- Chop the carrots, celery, onions and garlic.
- Spread the vegetables around the roast.
- Pour the beef broth over the vegetables.
- Cover and bake for 3-4 hours, or until the meat is tender, and falling apart easily with a fork.
- About halfway through, I like to flip the roast over. I also check it occasionally, just to make sure the top isn’t drying out. If it looks dry, flip it over.
- When the roast is done, you will be left with au jus, and like to make a gravy out of this! Just remove the vegetables, and set aside the meat, then make the gravy with the juices. Soooo good!
Keywords: pot roast, oven roast