This Peppermint Bark treat uses only 3 simple to find ingredients, and it’s easy enough to make that even your kids can get in on the fun!
- 12 oz dark chocolate (chopped into small pieces)
- 12 oz white chocolate (chopped into small pieces)
- 1/4 cup to 1/2 crushed peppermints or candy canes
- Line a rimmed cookie sheet with parchment paper, then set aside.
- In a double boiler (or I use a metal bowl over a saucepan of simmering water), first melt the chopped dark chocolate, stirring constantly until the chocolate is fully melted.
- Pour the dark chocolate evenly over the parchment paper, spreading it out thinly.
- Set the chocolate aside to cool until set but not hard, about 15 minutes.
- After this time, melt the white chocolate. Melt it using the same method as the dark chocolate.
- Pour the white chocolate directly onto the dark chocolate, spreading it out (using a spatula) to completely cover the dark chocolate. See picture above.
- Get your kids ready and have them sprinkle on the crushed peppermint.
- Let the bark cool completely before breaking it apart. At least 1 – 2 hours.
- After the bark has hardened, have fun with the kids and break the bark apart into small-medium pieces.
- Store up to 2 weeks in an air tight container, with the peppermint bark pieces layered between wax paper.
Keywords: Christmas candy, peppermint bark