Peanut Butter Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches
These Peanut Butter Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches are a delicious summer treat! Just place a scoop of creamy peanut butter ice cream between 2 freshly baked peanut butter cookies and enjoy.
- Author: Jo-Anna Rooney
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 24 ice cream sandwiches 1x
- Category: Frozen Treat
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Peanut Butter Cookie:
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
Ice Cream Filling:
Peanut Butter Cookies:
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cream together the butter and sugars.
- Add the eggs, beating them in one at a time.
- Add peanut butter. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt.
- Then add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Combine.
- Shape the dough into 1 inch balls, then place them on a cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Using a fork, gently flatten down the balls of dough. I like to criss cross my pattern. It looks pretty!
- Bake the cookies for 9-12 minutes. I bake mine for 9 minutes at the most because we like soft chewy cookies. If you want to bake them longer, watch them closely after about 9 minutes, because they go from perfect to burnt really fast!
Putting together the ice cream sandwiches:
- After the cookies have cooled completely, place a scoop of peanut butter ice cream between 2 freshly baked peanut butter cookies!
Keywords: ice cream sandwiches, peanut butter ice cream sandwiches