This recipe requires a bit of planning, as there is some time needed for chilling.
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 cup icing sugar (confectioners sugar)
- 1 1/2 cups crisp rice cereal (see notes)
- 1 tbsp butter
- 8 – 1 oz semisweet chocolate squares
- 2 tsp coconut oil
Making the peanut butter balls:
- In a bowl, cream together the peanut butter, icing sugar and butter.
- Then using your hands mix in the rice cereal, until fully combined.
- Chill for 2 – 3 hours in the fridge.
- After the mixture has cooled, roll it into 1 inch balls, then place them on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet. Put the tray into the freezer for about 30 more minutes.
Prepping the chocolate coating:
- After this time, melt the chocolate squares and the coconut oil in a double boiler (or I place a stainless steel metal bowl over a saucepan of boiling water).
- Put the melted chocolate mix into a deep bowl for dipping.
Putting the peanut butter balls together:
- Using 2 forks, dip the balls into the melted chocolate, coating them, let them drain a bit, then transfer them back to the parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- Once all the balls are completed, place them back in the fridge to cool and set before eating them…if you can wait that long!
For extra crunch, you can play around with the recipe: instead of using all rice cereal, try using 1 cup rice cereal and 1/2 cup of something else like coconut, or finely chopped nuts.