This Pea Salad Recipe is a perfect side for any meal! It pairs perfectly with ham at Easter, or with grilled meats in summer! Creamy and flavourful!
- 1 – 750 g bag frozen peas (thawed (see notes))
- 1 lb bacon (cooked and chopped)
- 2 tbsp finely chopped red onion
- 1 cup small cubed cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 2 tsp milk
- In a salad bowl toss together the thawed peas, onion, cheese and bacon. (See notes)
- In a separate bowl, blend together the ingredients for the dressing: the mayonnaise, sour cream and milk. I like to use a hand blender for this step.
- Add the dressing to the peas and mix well.
- You can serve this salad right away, or it can rest in the fridge until you are ready to serve it, for up to 1 or 2 days. This salad actually gets better after it has rested.
You can thaw the peas in the fridge overnight if you wish to serve the salad right away. OR you can toss the salad with frozen peas if you are planning to serve the salad a few hours later.
- Category: Salad
Keywords: pea salad