This parsnip puree makes a delicious side dish. The parsnips are boiled, then pureed with butter and buttermilk making them smooth and so creamy.
- 6 – 8 medium sized parsnips, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup butter
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh chives
- Boil the peeled chunks of parsnips until tender and you can put a fork through them, about 8 – 10 minutes.
- Mash the cooked parsnips with a fork, then add the butter and let it melt.
- Then add the buttermilk.
- Now it’s time to puree! I used my hand blender to make the mixture smooth, but you can also use your stand blender. Just blend until smooth.
- Stir in the chopped fresh chives, transfer to a serving bowl and enjoy!